With the world in the grips of a global pandemic, safety is on all of our minds. For those who must travel, the cleaning and safety precautions of their lodging choice are of great concern. Here at the Bancroft Hotel, we want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to maintain the highest level of cleanliness possible. Towards that end, we have worked to incorporate CDC and WHO guidelines into our operations and procedures.
These operational policies are put into place to ensure the safety of our guests and our staff. A partial list below:
- All employees and deliveries will enter hotel through basements doors, away from guests.
- All employees will have their temperature taken when arriving for their shift.
- Manager will conduct a health survey with each employee prior to their shift and check for the following symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, have traveled out of the country in the last two weeks or have come into contact with someone who is known or suspected to have COVID.
- Employees wash hands every hour or every time they come into contact with someone
- Employees have been told not to come to work if sick.
- Face coverings to be worn by all employees that interact with the public.
Precautions for Guests
- All guests will have their temperature checked upon arrival and will be asked if they have any possible COVID symptoms
- Guests must wear facemasks in public areas
- All room keys will be sanitized between guests
- All guests will be given sanitizing kit when presented with room key
- Guestrooms will not be entered by staff for the duration of the guest’s stay
- Soaps and shampoos will be provided in one-use disposable bottles
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- All high touch areas will be sanitized every hour or more frequently, if needed
- Housekeepers will only enter after guest departs
- Extra time will be allowed for cleaning of rooms.
- Whenever possible, rooms will be left vacant for 24 hours between guests
- All linens will be cleaned in disinfecting detergent
- Cleaning products have been approved for use against COVID-19 on the EPA approved list.
In addition to these precautions, our hotel offers the following characteristics that are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID:
- We have no elevator, so there is no opportunity to share an enclosed space or extensively used elevator buttons
- We clean our own laundry. This limits human contact with the laundry and linens are not washed with large numbers of other linens
- We have an outside area for guests to consume their breakfast
- Hydronic heating of rooms and naturally ventilated rooms. No common ventilation
- We are a small hotel with a limited number of guests and employees
- No need to use transportation. We are across the street from the campus